Welcome! My name is Rebecca Thering, and I’ve been teaching English since 2009.
I’m from Wisconsin, USA, and studied Spanish at the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
Rebe is my Spanish nickname.
I have lived and worked in Spain, South Korea, and now France.
I have experience teaching English to all ages—from children to adults.
I believe that anyone can learn English (and have fun doing it!), you just need strategies that fit your interests and needs. I love helping people learn languages by showing them these strategies and teaching the language in a clear, memorable way.
In addition to teaching English, I have over 10 years of experience learning languages myself. (Spanish, French, and a little bit of Korean).
I also work as a blog editor at FluentU, a website and app that helps you learn languages with real-world videos.
Here are some articles I’ve written for English learners on that site:
- 16 Creative Ways to Get Your Daily English Writing Practice
- 9 Fun Blogs in English You Should Start Reading
- How to Learn 14+ Casual English Phrases from a Unique Travel Blog You’ll Love
- What Your ESL Teacher Didn’t Tell You About “How Are You?”
What does this mean for you?
- Every day for work I get to read about the best tips and resources for learning a language effectively. I share this knowledge with you during our lessons!
- I love editing and do it for my job. Thus, I edit any written assignments for you that I assign between lessons.
- Since I’ve learned languages myself (and continue to learn every day!), I’ve been in your place. I have experienced the struggles, and can help you overcome them.
- I believe a growth mindset is essential for learning languages. I teach this positive mindset through our lessons. You can use this to improve all areas of your life.