Hello, and welcome!
English With Rebe is a supportive community of motivated English learners who want to make the world a better place.
Here, you’ll find specific ways to improve your English while becoming a better you.
All posts and courses are written in English, so it’s best for intermediate level learners and up.
This is a special place to learn English because of our values.
Learning English here will help you develop the following values (and more!):
- Growth mindset: Having a growth mindset means that you understand skills can be learned with effort and hard work. When something feels difficult, it means we have something to learn. Mistakes are simply learning opportunities.
- Gratitude: Gratitude is being thankful for what you have. It involves noticing all of the good around you and in this world. We also tell others we appreciate them.
- Mindfulness: To be mindful is to be aware of what you’re doing, thinking, and feeling right now. It means accepting your thoughts and emotions without judgement. There is no “right” or “wrong” way to feel in a passing moment.
- Reflection: Mindfulness keeps you in the “now” (present), but reflection makes us pause and think about the past/future. We need to think about where we want to go and who we want to become. How can we get there? What do we need to change?
- Helping others: Finally, creating more kindness in the world will create more peace. English connects many different people all around the world. We hope to use English in positive ways to help others.
These values will help you become a better English learner, and they’ll also help you become a better person!
Thanks so much for being here with us.